Mercanta The Coffee Hunters Specialty Coffee Merchants
Kingston upon Thames
- Executive Director of Coffee Trading at Goldman Sachs UK 1985-1996.
- Founded Mercanta The Coffee Hunters 1996
- Served on Board of Directors, including as President, Alliance for Coffee Excellence 2002-2010
- Served on Board of Directors, Specialty Coffee Association of Europe 2004-2008
- Founded London School of Coffee 2005
- Mercanta 25 years anniversary 2021
Stephen Hurst is the Managing Director of Mercanta The Coffee Hunters, suppliers of best of harvest unroasted, raw coffee beans to specialty, artisan and craft coffee roasting companies all over the world. Mercanta import and distribute specialty coffee beans via a global network of 5 (soon to be 6) offices / coffee labs on 3 Continents. Also having served on the board of directors of the Alliance for Coffee Excellence, the Specialty Coffee Association of Europe, and founder of London School of Coffee, a London based training and consultancy business in the field of specialty coffee training and education
Listen to Stephen Hurst's Leaders Council podcast.
Popular News Stories
LEADERSHIP ROUNDUP: GTC Scotland opposes Internal Market Bill, Kidz Kabin offers discounts, Footprints Learning for Life in awards haul, Talltrees champion environment
Mercanta director talks Covid, coffee and the challenges of leading a small team spread across six different countries
LEADERSHIP ROUNDUP: Strongmind provides world first, Kathy Alexander calls for SRA reform, and TradeForce come in for praise
LEADERS IN THEIR OWN WORDS: Stevenson, Sunak, Marshall, Mustafa, Foster, Griffith
Charter of Principles
- To treat all colleagues, customers and clients with the utmost courtesy and respect.
- To make every conceivable effort to deal exclusively with organisations and individuals of repute.
- To commit, wherever possible, to making a positive social and environmental impact.
- To do everything in my power to keep colleagues, customers and clients safe.
- To conduct my affairs not just for the benefit of my own organisation but for the benefit of my sector and country at large.
Stephen Hurst has committed to The Leaders Council Charter of Principles
It is Leaders Council policy to suspend or permanently remove any individual who we discover to be flouting these principles.
If you have reason to believe any of our members are not adhering to the principles, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you hold a leadership position, we would be delighted for you to sign the charter.Sign the Charter