- Portsmouth Ambassador Since 2019
- Member of The Leaders Council since 2020
- Board Trustee for The Literacy Hubs Portsmouth since 2021
- Hospitality Venue of The Year 2020 - Becketts Southsea
- Most Vibrant Restaurant in Hampshire 2021 - Becketts Southsea
- Shortlisted for Entrepreneur of The Year 2021 in The Portsmouth News Business Excellence Awards
- Venue Of The Year in Hampshire 2021 - Becketts Southsea
- Southern Enterprise Awards 2021 - Hospitality Enterprise of The Year
- South England Prestige Awards 2021 - Boutique Hotel of The Year
- Portsmouth Best Restoration 2019 - Becketts Southsea
- Hospitality Management and Team of the Year 2021 - South East England - Becketts Southsea
- Shortlisted for Entrepreneur of The Year 2022 in The Portsmouth News Business Excellence Awards
Terence Carvalho is the General Manager of Becketts Southsea, a restaurant and hotel located in the heart of Southsea, Portsmouth.
Terence has been in management positions since the age of 18. He has led high performing teams in a range of different hospitality settings and throughout the pandemic he has been running a covid-19 testing centre to give back to the community of Portsmouth.
Terence Carvalho is the regional director for Portsmouth at Delivered Social, a social media and marketing agency.
Terence is the former general manager of Becketts Southsea, a restaurant and hotel located in the heart of Southsea, Portsmouth. He has been in management positions since the age of 18. He has led high performing teams in a range of different hospitality settings from Restaurants, Bars, Hotels and The Theatre industry.
Portsmouth born and bred and a huge advocate for his city.
An award-winning hospitality manager during his time in the industry, Terence Carvalho joined Becketts Southsea in 2019, having previously served as house manager & corporate manager for The King’s Theatre in Southsea for five years.
Carvalho currently serves as a Portsmouth Ambassador for Shaping Portsmouth and board trustee for The Literacy Hubs in Portsmouth.
In July 2020, Terence Carvalho appeared on a Leaders Council of Great Britain & Northern Ireland podcast, discussing the importance of leadership and the impact it has had on his career to date.
His appointment as house manager at The Kings Theatre in Southsea in 2014 made him the youngest house manager in the UK and was the base of the 5 of the most successful years in The Kings Theatre 110+ year history.
Terence has been in leadership/management positions for 14 years.
Terence also managed a COVID-19 Test Centre during the height of pandemic whilst still working full time at Becketts.
One of Carvalho’s biggest accomplishments as Becketts general manager saw the business featured on Channel 4's hit daytime television programme, Four in a Bed, which saw the venue gain national recognition and led to a huge spike in business. The exposure Carvalho received from the TV appearance positioned him as an ambassador for his hometown, with some locals even calling for him to run for mayor.
He relinquished his role at Becketts in early 2022 to pursue his new venture as regional director at Digital Marketing Agency - Delivered Social in Portsmouth.
Listen to Terence Carvalho's Leaders Council podcast.
In the News
Becketts Southsea wins 2021 LUXlife Hospitality Award
News | Published August 9th 2021, 11:08 am
Becketts Southsea has been named Hampshire Venue of the Year 2021 in this year's LUXlife Magazine Customer Service Excellence Awards.Read more →
Popular News Stories
Partygate: PM under fresh scrutiny following release of photographs
Social difficulties are rising and schools need more pastoral care staff to cope, Oldham headteacher says
Energy: Axis Energy Projects’ Tension Leg Buoy technology to harness potential of floating offshore wind
Quality Conversations: TCM Group boss explored "how to disagree well" in recent online seminar
Charter of Principles
- To treat all colleagues, customers and clients with the utmost courtesy and respect.
- To make every conceivable effort to deal exclusively with organisations and individuals of repute.
- To commit, wherever possible, to making a positive social and environmental impact.
- To do everything in my power to keep colleagues, customers and clients safe.
- To conduct my affairs not just for the benefit of my own organisation but for the benefit of my sector and country at large.
Terence Carvalho has committed to The Leaders Council Charter of Principles
It is Leaders Council policy to suspend or permanently remove any individual who we discover to be flouting these principles.
If you have reason to believe any of our members are not adhering to the principles, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you hold a leadership position, we would be delighted for you to sign the charter.Become a Member