Gillian Sewell is the CEO at YMCA Derbyshire, the Derbyshire arm of the YMCA, the oldest and largest youth charity in the world.
Gillian is an experienced CEO with a demonstrated history of working in social finance and non-profit management. Before joining YMCA Derbyshire in 2001, she worked for just over nine years at YMCA Leicester in programme management and housing and sports management roles, which preceded a spell as deputy CEO.
Gillian is skilled in the areas of new builds, income generation, housing management, budgeting, business planning, community development, and social enterprise.
In December 2021, Gillian appeared on a Leaders Council of Great Britain & Northern Ireland podcast, discussing the importance of leadership and the impact it has had on her career to date.
Popular News Stories
Fan-Led Review into Football Governance concludes that independent regulator is needed
Sparta Global named among the top 75 employers for social mobility
Quintuple success: Aurora Media Worldwide scoops five awards in November 2021
Sturgeon to continue as Scottish first minister and resume push for 'indyref2'
Charter of Principles
- To treat all colleagues, customers and clients with the utmost courtesy and respect.
- To make every conceivable effort to deal exclusively with organisations and individuals of repute.
- To commit, wherever possible, to making a positive social and environmental impact.
- To do everything in my power to keep colleagues, customers and clients safe.
- To conduct my affairs not just for the benefit of my own organisation but for the benefit of my sector and country at large.
Gillian Sewell has committed to The Leaders Council Charter of Principles
It is Leaders Council policy to suspend or permanently remove any individual who we discover to be flouting these principles.
If you have reason to believe any of our members are not adhering to the principles, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you hold a leadership position, we would be delighted for you to sign the charter.Sign the Charter