My Life My Choice
Benjamin McCay is co-chair and trustee at My Life My Choice, a self-advocacy charity for people with learning disabilities.
McCay’s responsibilities include networking and planning the future direction of the organisation, staff recruitment, looking after finances, making decisions on grievance and disciplinary issues, and chairing trustee meetings.
McCay has a background in administration, having worked as a payroll and accounts administrator for Remploy Ltd between 1999 and 2012, and working for a year with Oxfordshire County Council as a finance facilities assistant.
In September 2020, McCay appeared on a Leaders Council of Great Britain & Northern Ireland podcast, discussing the importance of leadership and the impact it has had on his career to date.
Listen to Benjamin McCay's Leaders Council podcast.
Popular News Stories
M3 Floodtec receives Kitemark Certificate for anti flood airbricks
UK furlough scheme: Time to let staff go?
The boardroom series: Charlotte Wiseman addresses trust
Jaffray Care celebrates its 30th anniversary
Charter of Principles
- To treat all colleagues, customers and clients with the utmost courtesy and respect.
- To make every conceivable effort to deal exclusively with organisations and individuals of repute.
- To commit, wherever possible, to making a positive social and environmental impact.
- To do everything in my power to keep colleagues, customers and clients safe.
- To conduct my affairs not just for the benefit of my own organisation but for the benefit of my sector and country at large.
Benjamin McCay has committed to The Leaders Council Charter of Principles
It is Leaders Council policy to suspend or permanently remove any individual who we discover to be flouting these principles.
If you have reason to believe any of our members are not adhering to the principles, please contact us at email@example.com
If you hold a leadership position, we would be delighted for you to sign the charter.Sign the Charter