St Joseph's Catholic Primary School
Alan Saunders is the headteacher of St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School in Warrington, Cheshire.
Under Saunders’ leadership, the school has two main focuses, those being its ethos, which calls upon everyone to engage in the “spirit of service”, and secondly a firm belief in the importance of making sure all staff have a clear and evidence-based understanding of what good pedagogy looks like in practice.
Emphasis on the school’s focuses became all the more important after a disappointing Ofsted outcome in 2013. Yet, viewing it as an opportunity to self-reflect on how the school could improve, Saunders oversaw a real turnaround to ensure the school received a Good grading following an Ofsted visit in January 2020 with one parent asserting ‘This school is amazing. I see my child growing and developing in a positive environment.'
In July 2020, Saunders appeared on a Leaders Council of Great Britain & Northern Ireland podcast, discussing leadership and its impact on his career to date.
Listen to Alan Saunders's Leaders Council podcast.
Popular News Stories
Government LGBT Panel set to disband
Babble acquires 81G Blue
Improvising and overcoming: Sugardough set for post-lockdown expansion
Hospitality and non-essential retail opens as Sacha Lord court case is expedited to the High Court
Charter of Principles
- To treat all colleagues, customers and clients with the utmost courtesy and respect.
- To make every conceivable effort to deal exclusively with organisations and individuals of repute.
- To commit, wherever possible, to making a positive social and environmental impact.
- To do everything in my power to keep colleagues, customers and clients safe.
- To conduct my affairs not just for the benefit of my own organisation but for the benefit of my sector and country at large.
Alan Saunders has committed to The Leaders Council Charter of Principles
It is Leaders Council policy to suspend or permanently remove any individual who we discover to be flouting these principles.
If you have reason to believe any of our members are not adhering to the principles, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you hold a leadership position, we would be delighted for you to sign the charter.Sign the Charter